Diving trips and certification courses may be cancelled or rescheduled due to the weather conditions that are not suitable for marine sports activities, such as high waves and strong winds. Dive sites are picked daily based on weather and sea conditions, your safety and the safety of our staff is paramount in our operation. If your requested dive site is unavailable due to weather we will do our best to find a suitable alternative for you.
Our captain /diving instructors make decision about the selection of the dive sites and/or cancellation of the diving trips. In making decisions, we regard yours and our own safety as the most important.
Ocean Gravity Bali Dive School will endeavor to adhere to the scheduled itinerary, but reserve the right to alter the proposed itinerary or cancel the trip. Trip itineraries are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Captain of the Vessel.
- Before you book, PLEASE, contact us for availabilities and wheather conditions.
- We depart every day at 7:00am for all our day trips.
- Recommendations for flying after Scuba Diving: For 1 dive in a day the pre-flight time is 12 hours, For multiple dives in a day the pre-flight time is 18 hours and more.
- We require 24 hour advance notice for cancellations and/or changes to your diving schedule. This can be done via Email or by Whatsapp (+62)81916446481. All changes are subject to availability.
While we will always do our utmost to accommodate any changes. However as we do incur Costs/losses if you don’t cancel on time, we will need to charge you a cancellation fee
In case of cancellations of individual day trips and courses, a cancellation fee will be charged as follows:
- Cancellation due to the weather condition, mechanical or medical reasons that the boat does not leave port – full refund of deposit less credit card transaction fee.
- In the event that a trip is delayed, or cut short due to weather, mechanical breakdowns, or medical emergency, fees will not be refunded. We will not be held financially responsible for an alternative trip or accommodation, any inconvenience incurred, or for adverse weather conditions or illness as a result.
- The sailing is unconfirmed until minimum numbers are booked. Ocean Gravity Bali Dive School will try to offer another trip of the same standard. If no alternative boat is available then we will reschedule your day’s diving or a full refund of deposit less credit card transaction fee will be issued.
- For circumstances beyond the customers control such as canceled or delayed flights an attempt to reschedule will be made or a full refund of deposit less credit card transaction fee will be issued.
- Ocean Gravity will consider each cancellation on its own merits and may refund all or part of the deposit made, less administration fees. Ocean Gravity is not obliged to make any refund of deposit.
- Cancellations 48 hours before the start of a trip, will be charged 25% of the agreed price paid by you.
- Cancellations only 24 hours before the start of a trip, will be charged 50% of the agreed price paid by you.
- Cancellations after 16.00 on the day before the trip, will be charged 100% of the agreed price
- Manuals that have already been picked up cannot be returned.
- Rainy or cloudy weather are no valid reasons for cancellation by client, we will charged 100% of the agree price.
- Divers who fail to dive due to seasickness or other causes are responsible for the cost of their day’s diving.
- Ocean Gravity Bali Dive School reserves the right to apply an appropriate surcharge to its prices should economic changes (such as exchange rate, fuel prices etc.) make a material difference to its pricing structure.
- Cancellation for any EANx/NITROX tanks must be received within 48 hours prior to boarding the boat. Failure to do so will incur a charge of 50% of the total cost of the rental.
- If you already paid for multiple dives for a day (2 dives) and decided to do less dives (at the dive site), we will charged 100% of the agree price.
- If for any reason you decide not to make all the dives of your chosen diving package on any particular day we will charged 100% of the agree price.
- We do not refund your course fee if you decided to drop out from your certification course after it has started. When paying for a course you do not pay for certification, you pay for training- you must meet the requirements for your particular course to earn certification. It is possible to fail a course; failure does not qualify you for a refund.
- Your instructor will determine if you can get certified or not, judging how you are meeting the requirements for your particular course (skill demonstration, comfort level in the water, and total dive skills) and your score on written examination and quizzes.
- If you do not follow your instructors’ directions, or if you cannot successfully demonstrate the skills that meet the requirement, you may not get certified. If you disagree with your instructor’s evaluation of your diving skills you can request a reevaluation by the Training Director or another Instructor. All students who do not earn certification in a course will be provided with a written explanation of why they were not certified.
- If you require additional training (more than one day) to meet the minimum requirements, we reserve the right to charge for these additional days.
- If the diving dates on courses need to be changed, and alternatives dates are not suitable, you will only be charged for the proportion of the course you have completed. For more details, check in our dive center on arrival.
If you have any questions that we have not covered, please feel free to contact us via the form or call us via Whatsapp at (+62)81916446481
LOSS OR DAMAGE
On any trip with Ocean Gravity (Day Trips, Safaris, Courses, Discover Scuba diving,etc.), each participant is responsible for all and any equipment supplied by our center. Any damage or loss will be charged for. A receipt will be provided, upon request, for the repair/purchase of the new item(s).
Ocean Gravity requests that you bring your certification card and up to date logbook with you. In the event that you have lost your certification card, please contact your certifying agency (PADI, SSI, CMAS, NAUI etc.) to ask for a replacement. If they are unable to issue a replacement in time, please forward to us a copy of the confirmation correspondence from your agency.
We recommend that if you intend to go scuba diving, you make sure you have an insurance policy that covers this activity. There are several insurance companies to choose from. We recommend Divers Alert Network (DAN) a non-profit group run by scuba divers, for scuba divers. They are tried and tested, and very reasonably.